Like everything else in your home, your windows need to be replaced every now and then. Though there are a variety of reasons why your windows may need to be replaced, some common reasons are age and storm damage. Once you have decided to replace your windows, you have many replacement materials to choose from. At C&T Siding, our team of licensed professionals can help you decide what windows are best for your space. Here, our experts will discuss why you may need new windows, and what windows you can choose from when you decide it’s time to make a change.
When is it Time for a Window Replacement?
Looks may be deceiving when it comes to window replacement. Your windows may look completely fine, but your windows might be difficult to open or they might be creating a draft in your home. Here are some common reasons as to why it may be time to replace your windows:
● Difficult to Open and Close
Though your windows may look like they’re in great shape, an easy way to truly test them is to open and close them. If they are difficult to open and close, you likely need new windows.
● High Energy Bills
If you’ve noticed that your energy bills are increasing, but you aren’t changing anything about how you run your home, your windows may be the culprit. Old windows create drafts and allow heat and cold air to escape, which makes your home’s system work harder to maintain a consistent temperature, increasing your energy bills.
● The Windows Don’t Lock
The mechanisms on older windows often wear out over time, creating a security risk for your home, especially if the locking mechanisms are failing. If you cannot properly lock your windows, you are putting your family at risk and should replace them immediately.
● Add Value to Your Home
Like any other home improvement project, new windows instantly add value to your home when you’re looking to sell.
What Are Your Options For New Window Materials?
There are a variety of window materials to choose from when you’re looking for window replacements. At C&T Siding, we offer a variety of window options and will go through each with you to help you determine what option is best for your home and your budget. From there, we will install your windows and offer you our Advantage Guarantee. Here are the window materials we carry:
● Vinyl Windows
Vinyl is one of the most popular window materials on the market right now. Many times, vinyl windows are less expensive than other options, depending on which style of vinyl you decide to go with. Vinyl comes in many colors, textures, dimensions, designs, and more. Additional vinyl benefits include:
○ Lower Energy Costs – Vinyl windows are especially useful for homeowners in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Because of their design, they are a great energy-saving investment, which is crucial in the freezing winter months. On average, vinyl windows save you between 25% and 50% every year. At C&T Siding, the vinyl windows we carry are certified by ENERGY STAR and the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC).
○ Minimal Maintenance – Vinyl windows are extremely durable and are designed for longevity. These windows are built to withstand most weather conditions, excluding severe weather events. Additionally, the finish on them is made so they never have to be repainted, and they are easy to clean. All you need to do is wipe them down with soap and water.
○ Very Affordable – Vinyl windows are arguably one of the most cost-effective windows on the market. Their durability and wide selection of design and textures offer flexibility at a reasonable price.
● Fiberglass Windows
Fiberglass windows are one of the most durable window materials on the market right now. Not only are fiberglass windows great for design versatility, but they can also be customized with different brands to have interior design flexibility. At C&T Siding, we carry Ultrex® fiberglass windows. Like vinyl, fiberglass windows offer a variety of benefits, including:
○ Increased Durability – With Ultrex® fiberglass windows, you don’t have to think ahead to saving money for repairs. These windows do not fade, chalk, peel, crack, or anything else. They are up to eight times stronger than vinyl windows and up to three times stronger than vinyl/wood composites.
○ Improved Temperature Control – With Ultrex® fiberglass windows, your home will retain its temperature better, saving you money on energy bills. These windows meet ENERGY STAR guidelines and are great at keeping out wind and moisture.
Additionally, we can add Everwood® interior finishes to your new fiberglass windows. With this brand, we can ensure you do not have to change the inside decor of your home to match your new windows. This brand is designed to have options to match nearly every existing interior wood color.
● Ultrex® Wood Windows
If you are looking for a timeless, natural, or traditional look for your window replacements, you should consider Ultrex® wood windows. Like vinyl and fiberglass windows, these windows have their own unique designs and benefits, including:
○ Better Insulation – Wood frames are one of the most energy-efficient products on the market. Wood naturally provides insulation and retains heat and cold air, which saves you money on your electricity bill.
○ Protects Against Weather – Unlike other materials, wood does not crack or warp when the weather drastically changes, as it so often does in Minnesota and Wisconsin. It retains the air inside your home without letting outside air impact the temperature inside.
Contact C&T Siding Today
If you are in western Wisconsin or the Twin Cities metro area and looking for new windows or siding for your home, contact C&T Siding today. Our team of licensed, certified experts will get your job done in a quick, efficient manner and offer you our Advantage Guarantee to ensure you are satisfied. To learn more about our products and services, give us a call at 651-483-6146 or message us on our contact page.