Your siding is one of your home’s most important features and needs to be installed properly. Whether you’re building a home or replacing your current siding, you’ll need to research and vet house siding companies in your area.
It’s essential to know what to look for in a house siding company. Here are some tips to help you make this important decision.
4 Things to Look For When Choosing a House Siding Company
1. Experience Level
Ask as many questions as you want about the company’s experience level. Knowing their experience will give you an idea of whether they can serve your needs and are the right fit for your project. Questions might include:
- How long have they been doing house siding?
- What kind of training do their contractors or employees have?
- What experience do they have with your style of home?
- How long have they worked with the different types of siding they offer?
- Do they have any special qualifications, recognitions or awards?
- Do they have photos of siding projects they’ve completed?
2. Warranty of Labor & Siding Materials
Warranties are important to protect yourself from further costs if there are any issues with the installation. Ask if the company’s workmanship has warranties or guarantees, and how long the warranties last.
The type of siding material used will typically have a manufacturer’s warranty, which can be anywhere from 10 years to a lifetime. Be sure to ask what is and isn’t covered by the warranty so you can make a fully informed decision.
3. Customer Reviews & Ratings
There are many places to research a company and see what previous customers say about their work. Check a company’s website for testimonials, read Google reviews and explore their social media pages.
Look out for key components about the company when reading reviews, such as:
- Siding installation and workmanship
- Customer service
- Free consultation experience
- Materials and products used
- Warranties and guarantees
- Site cleanup
- Time management and project completion
You can also explore what others say about how the company took care of any issues or challenges that arose and how fast their response time was.
4. Geographic Location
When it comes to siding, you’ll want a local company. These companies are familiar with your area’s weather patterns and will have expertise in the best siding materials for your home.
They also tend to value their communities and local reputation, which means they’re highly invested in doing quality work. Plus, the close proximity of local companies means they’re easier to reach if any issues occur.
Reach out to C&T Siding Today for a Free House Siding Consultation
At C&T Siding & Windows, we treat each home project like it’s our own. With over 40 years of experience, we continue to provide homeowners in the Upper Midwest with stunning house siding results and exceptional service. To get a free estimate, call us today at 651-483-6146 or send us a message.